White quartz is simply pure white quartz. This means that it does not contain any other mineral types but instead uses minerals like Silica Dioxide (SiO2), Aluminum oxide (Al2O3), and Titanium Dioxide (TiO2).
If you want to get white countertops for your home, you should look for quartz that is much cleaner and brighter than the quartz many people use.
The quartz countertops that you will find at a local home improvement store have been processed with chemicals as well as heat in order to make them stand out from others, but this also means they can appear grayed or even yellowed.
This means you should look for quartz that hasn’t been too processed beforehand, meaning clean quartz with pure white color.
Table of Contents
Remove Stain From White Quartz Countertop
Once you know the process that was done on your quartz, then you can start thinking about how to clean white quartz countertops and what type of cleaning materials to use.
Most people usually wipe their quartz surfaces down with a damp cloth in order to just get rid of dust or debris, but if there are stubborn spills or stains, you’ll need to take more stringent measures to remove them.
- Mix a quarter of a cup of water with a teaspoon of mild dish detergent in a spray bottle and then shake it up.
- Spray the solution on the quartz surface that is stained, wipe it down with a paper towel or cloth, and let it sit for one to two minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with warm water. If there are spots still present, use half distilled white vinegar and half clean water, and wipe those areas again using the same soaking method as before.
Vinegar, baking soda, baking soda paste, and liquid dish soap, among others, are some of the best natural substances to remove stains from quartz countertops.
Some quartz countertops may come with a factory-applied sealant or wax, but most do not.
If you find that your quartz countertop does have an initial layer of protection on it, use a solution of one part dish detergent and ten parts water in your spray bottle instead.
Keep this advice in mind when using any home remedy or cleaning method: always test the substance on a small inconspicuous area first to be sure that it won’t damage your quartz surface.
If all goes well, scrub away with your chosen substance and wipe down thoroughly with clean water after the stain is removed.
Rinsing until no soapy remains will help avoid dullness.
Best Way To Clean White Quartz Countertops
Because of the whiteness of white quartz countertops, you will need to be very careful when using them. You should also be careful with the cleaning methods you utilize.
The best methods of cleaning your white quartz countertops are
1. Using a soft cloth with water to wipe away stains
You should note that warm water is the better choice of water to use. This is because cold water can take a longer time to dry compared to warm water, and it might leave a film of water on the surface.
Also, you should use a soft cloth or sponge so that you do not leave any marks on the surface of your countertop.
2. Using baking soda with vinegar
This is actually a popular method used by many people to clean their quartz countertops. It is safe for your quartz countertops as there are no chemicals involved.
All you need to do is mix one teaspoon of baking soda with three tablespoons of vinegar.
Apply the mixture onto the stained area using a soft brush or cloth.
You should then leave this solution for 15 minutes before scrubbing out gently using a sponge or a soft brush.
You should also rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water after removing stains from white quartz countertop surfaces.
This will ensure that the water dries faster.
3. Using a quartz cleaning product
Since quartz countertops are nonporous, they are very easy to clean with just about any kind of quartz cleaner or quartz sealant that is readily available in the market.
However, it is important that you purchase your quartz cleaner from a reputable dealer.
All you need to do is moisten your cloth using warm water and apply the quartz cleaner to the affected area of your quartz countertop surface.
You should then wipe off excess quartz cleaner with another soft dry cloth before letting the quartz countertops dry for at least half an hour.
It would also be worthwhile to note here that some lubricating oils may affect quartz finishes. Try to avoid putting oil-based products on them if possible.
4. Using a solution of vinegar and water (1:1)
Rinse thoroughly with warm water afterward is another great way to clean your white quartz countertop. Vinegar will not affect the whiteness of your quartz countertop.
5. Another way is to use baking soda or soap nuts
Rinse them all off after cleaning the quartz surfaces.
Baking soda is an excellent cleaning agent because of its deodorizing properties. It will not leave any residue on quartz-like dishwashing liquids or soap cans.
When quartz surfaces are dirty with grease, stains, oils, paint, or other organic materials, apply a paste of baking soda mixed in water. Use either toothbrush or pastry brush to clean quartz countertops.
White quartz countertops do not need any heavy cleaning agents. Everyday household cleaners should be enough to keep them sparkling without damaging the quartz surfaces.
Cleaning your quartz surface with chlorine products may affect the color of quartz surfaces.
Try to avoid using bleach-based cleaning chemicals on quartz countertops if possible.
Toothpaste is another good way to clean quartz counters because it has whitening particles that help remove stains, spills, and other quartz countertop defects.
However, do not use toothpaste on quartz countertops that have untreated surfaces.
It might absorb too much moisture and lead quartz surfaces to flake and break down, especially if you don’t seal quartz surfaces before using toothpaste on them.
Pros and cons of White Quartz countertops
White quartz countertops are definitely stylish—they have an excellent shiny look that almost sparkles.
The quartz material itself makes for a strong surface that will resist scratching or marking quite well but can get easily stained if not taken care of properly.
White quartz countertops are also very expensive compared to other types of quartz material.
White quartz countertops are harder than both granite and Marble, so quartz countertops can be easier to maintain as they resist scratches; however, quartz countertops could be stained by the use of oil or grease, which will seep into quartz pores.
Because quartz has an easy-to-clean nonporous surface, quartz could be used for any food preparation area, such as kitchen surfaces, bathroom vanities, or restaurant counters.
The difference between white quartz countertops and the other types of home counters are:
- White countertops have a brighter shine.
- White quartz countertops are known for their pure white color.
- They can stain easily, and you should protect them from hot substances.
Quartz countertops are so easy to use, and you have a lot of different types of quartz countertops that you can choose from, but most importantly, when you’re looking for quartz countertop options, be sure to ask these questions about your quartz:
- How has quartz been processed?
- What sort of finish does it have?
What do White quartz countertops Look Like?
White quartz is very appealing to homeowners because of its aesthetic appeal. Quartz in white color is neutral with strong appeal in any kitchen or bathroom.
They are also available in different kinds of natural stone, Marble, and quartz.
Quartz can be used in bathrooms and kitchens for countertops. It provides durability, and its smooth surface resists stains from mold or mildew.
White quartz countertops have many benefits to offer, with the most important advantage being quartz looks beautiful.
Quartz’s mirror-like appearance is one of quartz’s best features about quartz making quartz an ideal choice when looking for aesthetics with little maintenance involved.
Some things you must not do when cleaning white countertops are:
- Do not use cleaners with a bleaching agent, as they can scrape off the surface of your countertop.
- Do not use abrasive pads and cleansers, as quartz is a soft stone, and the surface can easily be damaged.
- Never use dishwashers or oven cleaners to clean quartz countertops.
There are many benefits of using quartz countertops, but they will become dull looking if stains are left on quartz for long time periods.
Apart from quartz countertops, you may also utilize concrete countertops for your kitchen or bathroom. However, there are some differences.
Quartz countertop vs. Concrete countertop
The differences between a quartz countertop and a concrete countertop are
1. Quartz is a harder stone compared to concrete. Quartz requires less maintenance, but it can be scratched or scraped easier.
When quartz countertops have been damaged, you just need to sand down the quartz and polish it again. Do this with water and quartz polishing powder for quartz countertops.
2. Concrete looks unique as it has a textured look, but it is not as strong. Also, you cannot polish concrete with water or polishing powder.
3. Quartz countertops are easier to clean. You can rub away stains and other damage by applying quartz cleaning lotion or powder.
4. It is more durable as quartz countertops do not easily chip, unlike concrete. In order to break quartz, one would need a hammer or a saw, as quartz countertops are very strong.
Concrete countertops are brittle when compared to quartz countertops.
5. Quartz countertops are less porous as quartz is harder than concrete. Therefore, quartz is safer to use, especially if you have toddlers around, as quartz does not absorb liquid as concrete would.
6. It has a very high insulation power keeping your food hot for longer and is cooler than other countertops.
7. Quartz countertops offer more flexibility in design than concrete countertops. They are available in a variety of colors, patterns, and styles to match any kitchen’s design scheme.
Quartz is also stain-resistant if the top has been properly sealed before an oil or water-based sealer has been applied to quartz countertops.
8. These countertops are environmentally friendly when compared to other materials like granite, Marble, et cetera. With a quartz countertop, you can rest assured knowing your home is not an environmental hazard.
It is made of sand and other minerals that are plentiful. It does not require digging for raw materials, which causes environmental damage.
Quartz countertops are also produced in an environmentally friendly manner with mostly clean waste products.
9. Quartz is more durable than marble or granite countertops, lasting longer when you invest in its care.
Caring for your quartz countertop requires knowledge of how to clean quartz surfaces.
Quartz countertops are similar to stone or tile, but quartz countertops do not require the same care as other stones or tiles.
Quartz countertops are actually very easy to keep up with. If you are looking for an aesthetically defining design in your home, you should try quartz countertops.
They will provide you with a durable and versatile option for your countertops.
Quartz countertops can give any room an upscale and clean look.
It will provide you with numerous benefits that will enhance your home’s value and curb appeal. Quartz countertops are resistant to mold.
Quartz countertops require minimal care besides the occasional wiping down.