Nuwave air fryers are one of the best air fryers that you can get for quality cooking. Air fryers differ, and the Nuwave air fryer has got incredible accessories that help to stabilize your cooking.
Since you have this air fryer, you must be a bit worried about how to clean your Nuwave air fryer basket, pan, and basket lid, that is, if you don’t have the manufacturer’s manual.
In this article, we shall be showing you how to clean your Nuwave air fryer basket.
Table of Contents
Is Nuwave Air Fryer Basket Dishwasher Safe?
Yes. Your Nuwave air fryer basket is dishwasher-safe.
However, you may need to place the air fryer basket on the top rack of the dishwasher.
Your air fryer basket should be dishwasher with a mild dishwashing detergent such as Dawn detergent.
What should you know about the Nuwave air fryer basket?
There are certain things that you need to know about the Nuwave air fryer basket before, during, and after cleaning.
- You must learn to clean the Nuwave air fryer basket after use. Even if it isn’t immediately after use, just ensure that the Nuwave air fryer basket is in perfect condition. Just the way you bought it. It will help you save the extra cost of buying a worn-out air fryer basket.
- The Nuwave air fryer basket is fully coated on the inside with a non-stick coating. So take note of this, especially when you are trying to pick out your preferred cleaning tools and washing detergents.
- Do not use metals and abrasives like steel wools and scrappers like metal spoons and knives to wash or scrape off residues from your air fryer basket. Resist the urge to use your metal knife to scrape the insides of your Nuwave air fryer basket because it would instantly scrape off the non-stick layer of the air fryer basket.
- Always turn off the main air fryer before detaching the air fryer basket. Also, you can as well place the air fryer basket on a heat-resistant surface. This will help you cool the surface faster.
- Get a damp cloth and use it to wipe the inside of your basket, even before putting it in the dishwasher or before washing it beneath the kitchen tap.
- Always clean the air fryer basket with non-abrasive like; mild detergent, hot water, and a sponge.
- And if there are some lingering buildup residues and a greasy mess in the Nuwave air fryer basket, you can simply leave the basket in the air fryer pan, pour in a generous amount of hot water, and allow the water to cover the basket a bit. Allow it to soak completely for about 10 minutes, depending on the kind of residue. This will help you to clean easily.
How To Clean Your Nuwave Air Fryer Basket
Method 1: Using a dishwasher
This can easily be achieved by simply using mild dishwashing soap. Such as; Dawn liquid soap detergent, then use a soft cloth or paper towel to clean.
- Unplug the Nuwave air fryer from the power socket and allow it to cool.
- Check and empty the Nuwave air fryer basket to get rid of all manner of debris and dirt.
- Get a paper towel to clean the inside of the air fryer just to wipe off the gunk and grease buildup.
- Set the dishwasher, ensure that you are using the recommended dish soap, then place your Nuwave air fryer basket on the top rack.
- When your air fryer has been washed and rinsed, get it out, and dry it using a clean, soft cloth. Then replace it in the air fryer so that you don’t keep it lying around.
Method 2: By Hand Washing
- Set aside your mild dish soap, a soft sponge, and a soft cloth.
- Pour in a generous amount of hot water on the basket and allow it to soak for 10 minutes. Don’t allow it to be more than that since too much heat on a non-stick-coated material can be troubling.
- Then a warm soapy mixture of warm water and liquid dish soap. Then grab your old toothbrush and begin to scrub out the dirt and debris. You will see the dirt all coming out in a rush.
- Rinse under the sink, then grab the bigger soft sponge to do a final scrub. Ensure that the scrub is a gentle one; otherwise, the Nuwave air fryer’s non-stick coat might peel off.
- Get it rinsed and dried with the aid of a paper towel or soft cloth.
- Then set it aside and place it in the air fryer compartment where it was previously removed.
How Often Should You Clean Your Nuwave Air Fryer Basket?
Some say cleaning your Nuwave air fryer basket may weaken the air fryer basket itself because you would see the non-stick coat peel off like some dirt.
So, to avoid this, you can simply make it a once-in-a-week routine. That is approximately 4 times a month. Do not leave your air fryer basket for more than two weeks unwashed because of the stubborn buildup of greasy and tough residue on it.
Note; The Nuwave air fryer basket is entirely made of silicon, and this material doesn’t have the tenacity to withstand temperatures that is up to 500°F.
So keep this in mind because water temperatures or any temperatures higher than this tend to damage the inside of the air fryer basket.
The Nuwave air fryer basket is a delicate accessory and should be handled as such.
When it is being placed in the dishwasher or washed with a hand beneath the kitchen sink, it should be handled with utmost care so that you can get your desired result.
Even if your Nuwave air fryer basket still has a sour odor after cleaning, you may clean it again.
Do not use scented dishwashing soaps you may, instead, use something more natural like the lemon stuff. Place the half-cut lemon in a pot and bring the water in the pit to a brief boil.
Once it is boiled, you may rinse the air fryer basket with this new lemon water now. And then you will notice afterward, that your Nuwave air fryer basket is back to normal!