Almost everyone would agree to the fact that the Ninja Foodi air fryer needs to be maintained with proper care.
And that includes all of the delicate accessories that it comes with. But then, the Ninja foodi air fryer basket can be one of the most difficult parts of the air fryer to clean because its cleaning method can be a bit different from the rest.
So, in this article, you will be taught how to properly clean your Ninja foodi air fryer basket with ease.
It is very easy for your Ninja foodi air fryer basket to be caked with grease because air fryers don’t use oil to fry foods, and so the dripping fat, and raise from the food spills into the basket and then into the pan underneath the basket.
Over time, this grease builds up if not washed immediately after spillage. And when it’s not properly cleaned too. There are several ways of getting to clean your Ninja food air fryer basket.
And since your Ninja foodi air fryer needs to be handled with delicacy, we have some proven methods that you can follow carefully to achieve a fabulous result!
How To Clean Your Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Basket At Home
1. Soap & Water
You must have seen a couple of people struggle as they try to get the buildup stain and grease off their Ninja foodi air fryer basket, but they end up spoiling their basket. Ninja foodi air fryer baskets like this need to be handled with delicacy.
And as such, they cannot be cleaned like all air fryer models. For instance, the Ninja air fryer basket is not dishwasher friendly.
That means you cannot simply place it in the dishwasher because your Ninja air fryer basket has an ergonomic handle that may get broken when placed in the dishwasher.
Nevertheless, you can still check the manufacturer’s manual for instructions if you are keen on placing your air fryer basket in the dishwasher.
- Meanwhile, get a bowl, and make sure that the bowl is large enough to soak the Ninja foodi air fryer basket.
- Pour a reasonable amount of water into the bowl and make sure that the water is warm. (Not too cold or too hot)
- Then, add some squirt of dishwashing soap to the warm water. Warm water does help to break into a greasy mess, and the liquid soap also helps to break a greasy mess too and gives the basket a squeaky clean.
- Grab a non-abrasive sponge and set it aside.
- Allow the Ninja foodi air fryer basket to soak for about 10-15 minutes. After it is well soaked, you can begin to scrub the basket carefully using the abrasive sponge.
- Scrub carefully until all the dirt and grease are all out.
- Then you can now get warm water to rinse the Ninja foodi air fryer basket thoroughly.
- After that, get some paper wipes or, preferably, get a soft kitchen towel to wipe off the wet water. Clean the basket until it is dry. Then place it on the cabinet to air dry naturally. Don’t forget to clean the rest of the air fryer parts too.
2. Vinegar, Baking Soda, Lemon Water, & Liquid Soap
Here is another vibrant method you can clean your Ninja foodi air fryer with. Some grease stains can be so stubborn that the air fryer basket may not be thoroughly clean even after washing with soap and water.
So, in cases whereby the stains are too heavy for your air fryer basket, you can always subscribe to this method.
- Coat the Ninja foodi air fryer basket with liquid soap. You can also get Dawn liquid soap if you are unsure of the kind of dish soap to use. So, after soaking the air fryer basket with some liquid soap, set it aside.
- Then sprinkle a generous amount of baking soda on the basket. The washing soap and the baking soda will act as a combined effort against the buildup of dirt and stains.
- After that, you should get an empty pan or a stainless steel bowl. Make sure you get a bowl in which you can place the basket in. So get a bowl and add about ¾ of vinegar into the bowl and set aside.
- Get a tea kettle or a small pot and add some water, then pour a generous amount of liquid lemon into the tea kettle. Then you can now place the tea kettle on the gas stove and bring it to boil. Once it is well boiled, then you can now pour the hot water into the vinegar bowl.
- Place the Ninja foodi air fryer basket into the bowl with vinegar & liquid lemon mixture. Make sure the basket is well soaked in the mixture. And after that, you can leave it to sit overnight or for 6 hours to ensure that the dirt is completely immersed.
- When it is fully soaked, scrub thoroughly but gently with a non-abrasive sponge until the dirt is all out. Then you can rinse with clean water mixed with Lemon water.
- Clean with a kitchen towel and allow it to dry completely.
Read: Is The Ninja Foodi Grill Dishwasher Safe? Let’s Find Out
If your Ninja foodi air fryer basket is nonstick, then you should consider using a mild dishwashing liquid soap and a soft sponge to get the debris out. So that you don’t destroy the nonstick coat on the basket, beyond this, make sure you regularly maintain your air fryer basket.
There are certain tips that you should take to avoid nasty build-up of grease and grime on your air fryer basket.
This is because such things attempt to weaken the air fryer basket as you use it. So take note, be careful of using abrasives like a brillo pad. If your Ninja foodie air fryer basket is nonstick, then do not use a brillo pad as a scouring sponge.
Most times, when precautions like this is adhered to, it tends to maintain and prolong the lifespan of your kitchen equipment. And it wouldn’t speak so well if you keep changing the accessories of your Ninja foodi air fryer because you neglected a common procedure.
Stick to the common procedure of cleaning your air fryer basket immediately after use because your Ninja foodi air fryer basket is quite delicate.