The Gourmia air fryer brand is known for its try force 360° technology.
That means they have been empowered to cook food pretty fast, within a super-heated atmosphere, to ensure that the food gets browned or goldened on the outside and stays moist on the inside.
However, cleaning your Gourmia air fryer can be a bit hard if you do joy follow the right process. In this article, we will be sharing with you the measures you need to take for your air fryer to be fit enough for use.
Is the Gourmia air fryer dishwasher safe?
The Gourmia air fryer is generally safe when placed in a dishwasher. However, the manufacturer made it clear that the Gourmia air fryer basket and pans are dishwasher safe.
So this means that you can boycott the hand-washing method and go with the dishwasher method instead.
How do you wash with the dishwasher? Make sure that your dishwasher uses mild liquid dish soap for washing.
To do this;
- Dust the air fryer basket to get rid of every debris from your basket and pan.
- Place the basket in the pan and pour some warm water into it. Make sure the warm water covers the basket to the base part so that it is fully soaked. The warm water will help through its heat and penetrate through the grease and built-up stains.
- Allow the soaked basket to remain in the warm water for 15 minutes. When this is done, get a soft scrubber to scrub off the debris and stubborn dirt.
- Now place the Gourmia air fryer basket in the dishwasher and let it run. When this is done, get the basket out and place it on the counter to air dry naturally.
Is the Gourmia air fryer basket nonstick?
The Gourmia air fryer basket is not only dishwasher safe, but it is also nonstick. That means whatever food you cook and fry in the basket will not stick to the air dryer basket.
However, after heavy-duty use, there are sometimes food particles and a huge build-up of grease embedded in the corners of the basket.
Now that you know that your Gourmia air fryer basket is nonstick, there are certain ways of cleaning your nonstick air fryer basket. Your air fryer basket should be handled with delicacy.
You can simply use dish soap and soft foam to scrub any dirt off the nonstick pan. Or you simply spray with a degreaser to get rid of tough stains and greasy mess, then rinse off.
Can you use Orange Multi-purpose Cleaner to Clean your Gourmia Air fryer?
No! However, the Orange cleaner is a multi-purpose cleaner that has the ability to tackle all forms of grease and grime.
This Orange all-purpose cleaning agent is capable of not just cleaning stains from tough surfaces but also any surface such as; hardwood floors, vinyl surfaces, porcelain, stainless steel, glass, marble, etc.
Furthermore, this multi-purpose cleaner is eco-friendly, which makes it even better for home use. However, since we are dealing with air fryers here, you may not be able to use this product because it has been designed for floors.
Especially hard floors, even though they are degreasers.
The good news is you can make your own multi-purpose cleaner specifically for your Gourmia air fryer basket.
What to get;
- 3 oranges or one bottle of natural orange liquid.
- White vinegar
- A jar or spray bottle
- Little quantity of essential oil.
Here’s what to do;
- Peel the back of the orange and set it aside. In this method, you will need the back of the orange. Place the orange peel in the jar, and add vinegar to fill the brim. Then tighten the jar and let it sit for 2 weeks.
- When two weeks are over, get a sieve and sieve out the liquid. Separate the chafed orange peel from the liquid and throw it away.
- Add some essential oil or scented oil to the liquid mixture. Then add this mixture to your liquid dish soap to blend well.
- Pour it on the air fryer basket and begin to scrub with a soft foam or an old toothbrush. Do not use a scouring pad. Scrub carefully until all the gunk is out.
However, if you are in haste, you can do this;
- Cut the oranges into two halves and place them inside a pot half-filled with water and bring to a boil.
- When it is boiled, add the warm water to the liquid dish soap to form a warm soapy mixture.
- Now place your Gourmia air fryer basket on this picture and leave overnight (if you want to deep clean) leave for 20 minutes (if you don’t want to deep clean.)
- Then scrub the basket using a soft sponge or foam. When debris is out, you can now rinse thoroughly. You will notice that instead of the normal gunk odor, your air fryer basket now has an orange fruity fragrance.
Can you use lemon in place of orange to clean your Gourmia air fryer basket?
Of course, you can. In fact, lemon is a vibrant cleaning agent. So you can use lemon in place of orange.
Lemon liquid or fruit also emits a nice lemon fragrance, especially after washing. If you want to use it to clean your Gourmia air fryer basket, you can use the same process listed above.
The Gourmia air fryer basket can be cleaned with any cleaning agent as long as it is mild and not abrasive.
For instance, you can’t use salt to clean your air fryer basket. It will destroy the nonstick coating.
So instead, if you lack any of these things listed above, simply soak your Gourmia air fryer basket in a bowl of warm water.
Let it soak for about an hour. After that, create a warm soapy mixture (you can use Dawn liquid soap) and scrub the air fryer basket in it.
You will see that the residue will loosen up! Rinse thoroughly and dry with a soft cloth. Don’t forget to make use of rubber gloves in case the warm water is fully heated and might hurt your hand.