Cuisinart air fryers are one of the most excellent air fryer brands providing you with a timely method of preparing your meals.
Since you own a Cuisinart air fryer brand, you must be wondering how to clean some of these accessories like the Cuisinart air fryer basket.
In this article, we have researched some helpful methods for cleaning your Cuisinart air fryer basket.
Is Cuisinart Air Fryer Basket Dishwasher Safe?
This is because there are some Cuisinart air fryer accessories that are non-stick coated, and there are some that are not.
The ones that aren’t non-stick coated are usually made from stainless steel, and that necessitates you to wash with the manual washing method.
So check the kind of Cuisinart air fryer model that you have and read the manufacturer’s manual to be sure that you have been approved to toss this air fryer basket into the dishwasher.
Best Method For Cleaning
If you aren’t certain about using the hand washing method or dishwashing method, here is a better and more approved method for cleaning your air fryer basket. You will need the following;
- Gain dish spray
- Soft sponge
- Warm water
- Soft/kitchen cloth
Here’s what to do:
- Fill up your kitchen sink with warm water and add a few squirts of Gain dish spray. Ensure the warm water is soapy.
- Wipe your hands dry, then turn off the air fryer and allow it to cool.
- When it’s cool, remove the air fryer basket and empty the debris in the trash can.
- Check the warm water in the sink to be sure that it’s still very warm. Then, dump the air fryer basket in it. The warm soapy mixture should cover the air fryer basket completely so that some parts aren’t left untouched with soapy water.
- Allow the Cuisinart air fryer basket to soak completely for 20 minutes because of the huge pile of residue stuck on the air fryer basket.
- Then get the soft sponge, and as soon as 20 minutes is over, begin to scrub the air fryer basket. Keep scrubbing until all the residue is out.
- Drain out the warm soapy water, and refill the sink, or preferably a bowl, with warm water. Rinse the air fryer basket in warm water.
- And use the soft kitchen cloth to dry the Cuisinart air fryer basket. After that, set it aside for use.
Note; Always use non-abrasive cleaners and mild dish soap to clean your Cuisinart air fryer basket.
Can You Use Magic Eraser Sponge?
Of course, you can. However, a magic eraser sponge is recommended for cleaning the heating element, which is the exterior part of your air fryer.
However, since the magic eraser sponge is designed to scrub off grime and dirt, then you can use it as well.
The magic eraser sponge has something called ‘melamine resin which is deposited into the magic eraser foam. The magic eraser is an abrasive foam that has a microstructure that helps to loosen up dirt and grime.
Now even though the magic eraser sponge is an abrasive, there is a more careful way to use it so that it doesn’t spoil the air fryer basket’s surface.
So, if your Cuisinart air fryer basket is nonstick, you could go for the previous method instead of this. This is so that your air fryer basket’s surface is not tampered with.
Can You Use a Degreaser?
You can begin by emitting the basket to get rid of every form of debris and food remaining.
Then place the air fryer basket on a paper towel, then spray the degreaser on every corner of the air fryer basket.
While you are at this, ensure that every residue buildup is sprayed with the degreaser.
Then allow it to sit for 20 minutes. The degreaser helps to break into greasy buildup. Once the 20 minutes are over, get to work by making a solution of soap and water.
Wash the air fryer basket with a soft sponge. You are scrubbing gently as you go. Once you are done with scrubbing, you can now rinse the air fryer basket.
You will observe now that your air fryer basket no longer has that oily residue and stale odor. Dry the air fryer basket and set it aside.
What are some of the tips for cleaning Cuisinart air fryer baskets?
- Do not use abrasive cleaners like bleach, Muriatic acid, and other chemicals. They will scratch the surface of the air fryer basket. And this may not be good, especially if your Cuisinart air fryer basket is nonstick. The only exception to using abrasives is a magic eraser sponge. Meanwhile, check the manufacturer’s manual of what is allowed for that specific Cuisinart brand.
- It is better to hand-wash your Cuisinart air fryer basket instead of tossing it into the dishwasher.
- Wear protective gloves if you are allergic to mild dish soaps like this. You can also wear it to protect you from the burns of warm water.
- Never forget to wipe the air fryer basket dry. This is because Cuisinart air fryer baskets are made from stainless steel. And stainless steel can quickly corrode when exposed to water and air over time.
- Finally, never forget to clean the air fryer basket immediately after use. Stubborn residue stuck on the air fryer basket can be difficult to clean.
Cuisinart air fryer baskets just like the entire air fryer brands, are one of the most exciting kitchen equipment to use if you are a busy person who wants timely made healthy food.
The Cuisinart air fryer basket handles a lot more work than the air fryer pan most times.
It does the whole frying and accumulates a ton of food residue after a whole week. So the best time to get it washed is usually immediately after use. You can soak overnight and wash the next day!o