Cosori air fryers are one of the very few air fryer brands that conserves energy while cooking. Such that, it cooks the food by circulating hot air as quickly as possible. But then, the accessories of this Cosori air fryer can be quite sensitive that means they deserve to be cleaned the proper way. In this article, we shall discuss how to clean your Cosori air fryer accessories including air fryer basket.
Is The Cosori Air Fryer Basket Dishwasher Safe?
Yes! Since your Cosori air fryer basket doesn’t have a cord attached to it, then you can safely tuck it into your dishwasher. However, you should always empty your air fryer basket to get rid of every bits of food particles before you place it in the dishwasher.
Even though your Cosori air fryer basket can be washed by hand in a sink or bowl, as long as it is being used, then you should always put it in the dishwasher after use. However, do not place the air fryer basket in the dishwasher immediately after use because, it will damage the dishwasher itself.
What about the other parts of the Cosori air fryer, are they all dishwasher-safe?
The Cosori air fryer basket is dishwasher-safe. The removable oil reservoir, the air fryer basket, and the air fryer pan is dishwasher friendly.
However, if you want to wash the entire Cosori air fryer, simply remove the top and the bottom parts because they are not dishwasher safe. However there are some Cosori air fryer models that the oil reservoir isn’t dishwasher safe.
So to be on a safe side, just in case you cannot find the manufacturer’s manual anymore, simply hand wash your oil reservoir in the sink instead of placing it in the dishwasher.
What are some of the helpful tips for cleaning your Cosori air fryer basket?
- Always unplug the Cosori air fryer from the power outlet when you want to clean the basket. Unplug the air fryer from the outlet.
- Allow the air fryer to cool down. So that you don’t burn your hands in the process.
- Ensure that you have a kitchen towel readily available to do your cleaning bidding. You cannot over emphasize the importance of kitchen towel in this cleaning exercise. But if you don’t have a kitchen towel, then you can get a paper towel instead.
- Never make use of abrasives especially when you notice that your Cosori air fryer basket is coated with non-stick material. And since non-stick surfaces are sensitive, then it means that you need to be careful on the kind of material that you should use while cleaning.
- Always dry out your air fryer basket to avoid corrosion. When a wet surface combines with air, it causes a kind of chemical buildup that often corrodes surfaces like this. So be extra careful when handling your Cosori air fryer basket.
How do you clean your Cosori air fryer using dishwasher?
- Now that you are aware that you can wash your air fryer basket in the dishwasher, simply turn off your Cosori air fryer and allow it to cool.
- Then, dust out any particles from your air fryer basket because these particles may get in the way of cleaning your air fryer basket. So get the particles out
- Rinse briefly under the flowing kitchen tap, and then place the basket in the dishwasher.
- Make sure that the dishwasher uses mild dish soap like Dawn liquid dishwashing soap. Then set the timer for washing and make sure that you get the air fryer basket out of the dishwasher in time so that it doesn’t get too heated by the heat trapped in the dishwasher.
- You can rinse the air fryer basket again, then het a paper towel to dry the basket. Then allow it to air dry naturally after which you pack it into the air fryer itself.
How Do You Hand Wash Air Fryer Basket?
- It’s almost the same process. But it’s just that the dishwasher machine will be absent. Before you get anything done, kindly soak your soft sponge in a bowl of warm water. This will help the sponge to get prepared, and soaked in the darkness ahead of time
- Rinse the air fryer basket beneath the tap and allow the water to flow through the perforated holes to detangle any soft residue that must have formed in the basket.
- Fill the sink with warm water and add some squirts of Dawn liquid detergent. Make sure the warm water mixture is soapy.
- Then soak the Cosori air fryer basket in the warm soapy mixture and allow it to soak for about 10 minutes. It can be soaked longer than that. It depends on how tough the residue is.
- Now remove the soaked sponge, and begin to scrub the air fryer basket with it. Scrub gently and be careful with the perforated holes on the basket.
- After scrubbing, turn on the tap and rinse the air fryer basket so that the gunk can slid off. After thoroughly rinsing,
- Dry the Cosori air fryer basket with the aid of a kitchen towel, or some paper towels. Once this has been taken care of, you are free to store away, or make use of your Cosori air fryer basket again!
How does your Cosori air fryer basket look like now? You are directly responsible for the way your air fryer basket looks like. And it all begins with knowing how to clean the Cosori air fryer basket the right way. Do not use abrasives like; steel sponges, or even harsh chemicals.
Steel sponge will only peel off the layer of your basket especially if it’s coated with non-stick coat. Carefully adhere to this, and also stay away from harsh chemicals like muriatic acid. You cannot clean your Cosori air fryer basket with that chemical, or with bleach either.
Finally, your manufacturer’s manual is important. Always keep it safe just in case you may need to make some consultations about your air fryer brand some day.